Thursday, August 23, 2007

I never wanted a blog.

Not that I don't like to write. I do. It's more that I don't like having written. I like even less having published.

Under my withering gaze my writing (in the broadest sense of textual production -- including music recording, graphic desigh, etc.) has a tragically short shelf life. These words I write now seem fairly smart and interesting to me at this moment, but by tomorrow I will regret not only having posted them, but having written and thought them.

Picturing you parsing my language is torture, so please stop now. Just who do you think you are?

So why blog?

It's an assignment for school. Probably a good one for me, too. If I'm to adapt to the publish-or-perish world I had better get used to putting myself out there. But I don't have to like it.

Read on, dear tormenter.

No comments: